Thursday, May 20, 2010

DIY Detail: Personalized Swizzle Sticks

Now that we have all of our beautiful professional wedding photographs back I can start sharing with you some of the most personal and special parts of our wedding: the details! Most of the "wedding books" will tell you that personalization is the numero uno thing that makes an event stand out in it's guests minds. When creating the details for our wedding I thought of the 3 easiest ways to personalize and then I went to work. 1) Color 2) Monograms 3) Photographs. I really think the handmade details are with what made our day special and memorable to us as well as unique for our guests.

Originally I was inspired to make these fun swizzle sticks from a similar idea I saw on one of the big wedding blogs but I knew I wanted to do something a little different. Because J and I were trying to incorporate our amazing engagement photos into our big day without doing a LONG and sometimes boring slide show, I thought these would be a fun addition and really helped to set the tone for some of the other details like the menus and wedding programs.

J and I made each one by hand with love . I created a template on InDesign for the photographs, we punched the embossed monogram circles and then assembled them with the wooden sticks. Finally, Jonathon wrote on the sticks themselves. We ended up with 5 different pictures, green and kraft brown monograms and various words of love as described by 1 Corinthians: 13 such as love, patience, kindness, etc.



It was a wonderful experience making these with Jonathon and I felt that they added such a personal touch to the first stop for most guests at the wedding... the bar! I suggest making something similar for your next party, or if you don't have the craft gene, you can always order them from me through my Etsy Store!


No comments: